Decorating & Furniture/Paint

Question
My husband is painting office furniture black and has requested dark brown walls.  I think this will look horrible but he refuses to go with the cream/kaki color I like.  How can I decorate this room to allow the furniture to stand out?  I'm afraid it will get lost in the dark painted walls.

Answer
Hi Jenny, I would have to agree with you on this one.  Dark brown walls, with black furniture is going to make the space feel very dark and heavy.  A solution to make both you and your husband happy; choose one wall to paint in the dark brown.  On this wall you would place lighter coloured accessories and art.  The rest of the walls where most of the furniture would be, can be painted in the cream colour.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi