Decorating & Furniture/Rug Size on Sectional

Question
I have just purchased a sectional for my living area and am now looking for a rug. The sectional is about 91" on each side. What's the rule for rug size. Do all furniture legs need to be on the rug, or off?

Answer
Hi Kit, the rug should be large enough in comparison to your sectional and general conversational area in your room. Choose one that is the same size, or slightly longer in length than the sectional.  Whether you choose to have the legs on or off the rug is totally up to you.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi