Decorating & Furniture/Stairway railings

We have an all white stairway, railing and spindles, we would like to change the color of the top railing.  Is there a paint that would make it look like wood or do we need to strip off the old paint?

Hi Bob,
That's a great idea, and no, you don't have to strip off the old paint. You can find a paint color that will help to create the wood tones that you want, however, it is not the paint alone, but, the tool that is used to apply the paint, that will give you the look of wood. Your local home improvement or hardware store can help you choosing the right paint color, and the right tool for the job. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.