Decorating & Furniture/Stairway railings

Question
We have an all white stairway, railing and spindles, we would like to change the color of the top railing.  Is there a paint that would make it look like wood or do we need to strip off the old paint?

Answer
Hi Bob,
That's a great idea, and no, you don't have to strip off the old paint. You can find a paint color that will help to create the wood tones that you want, however, it is not the paint alone, but, the tool that is used to apply the paint, that will give you the look of wood. Your local home improvement or hardware store can help you choosing the right paint color, and the right tool for the job. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs