Decorating & Furniture/color and accessories

Hello Shamim,

I need help choosing drapes and accessories for my dining room.  My walls are painted with Benjamin Moore (Aura)paint in a matte finish.  The color is #1039 Stone House.  My floor has glazed ceramic tile.  The tile is called Garland UY35, Shade 360.  It has earth tone colors.  The dining room set is Amish and in the natural oak color.  Could you please tell me what color drapes/curtains and what color accessories (wall hangings, candles etc.) I should use?  I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Hi Anne, Your drapes can be either a shade lighter or darker than your wall colour.  As you have mostly neutrals in your decor right now, you can create a colour scheme using the colours from either a rug, cushions or artwork.  Try to select something which has at least three different colours.  You would spread each of these colours throughout your room by using them in candles, vases etc.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.