Decorating & Furniture/colors

I have a room that the bottom half is painted a navy blue the top is a lighter blue.  Can I decorate the room with black accents (ottomon, coffee tabele, tv table?)

Hi Susan,
Black is an excellent accent color for any space; it always adds sophistication and depth to any color scheme. One thing to consider when using the darker hues, (the black and the navy blue on the lower portion of the wall),  they can overpower the space, and need to be balanced with cool metals such as pewter, brushed steel, even chrome in your accessories, (candle holders, vases, lamps, decorative hardware), bring in white, (lamp shades,pillows, rugs) which will not only brighten the space, but, add energy and personality. Glass top tables is another way to lighten a space.  Good luck. Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.