Decorating & Furniture/What colour furniture should I put on Jarrah Floors?

We've just ripped up our carpet and sanded and laqcuered our Jarrah Wooden Floors. We're shopping for a new dining suite now and are wondering what colour wood or other would look best on the dark jarrah floors?

Hi Kylie, Your wood flooring will have a dominant main colour (in your case dark) and will also have different variations of colour in the grain.  If you pick out a dinning suite,in any of these variations, it will really complement your floor. Also keep in mind, if you're looking for other furniture pieces for that space the rule of thumb for mixing different wood tones is no more than three.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.