Decorating & Furniture/What colour furniture should I put on Jarrah Floors?

Question

We've just ripped up our carpet and sanded and laqcuered our Jarrah Wooden Floors. We're shopping for a new dining suite now and are wondering what colour wood or other would look best on the dark jarrah floors?

Thanks,
Kylie.

Answer
Hi Kylie, Your wood flooring will have a dominant main colour (in your case dark) and will also have different variations of colour in the grain.  If you pick out a dinning suite,in any of these variations, it will really complement your floor. Also keep in mind, if you're looking for other furniture pieces for that space the rule of thumb for mixing different wood tones is no more than three.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi