Decorating & Furniture/kitchen renovation

Hi Shamim,

I just ordered maple shaker cabinets for my kitchen along with a HD laminate countertop that mainly has browns and grays in it with a touch of aqua (more greenish).  Unfortunately my small sample doesn't really show the greens.  My problem is now picking out tile and wall colour.  The dining/living room and hall way (two doors coming off the kitchen are green and so is my carpet.  I don't know whether I should go a darker shade in the tiles to go with the countertop or go lighter in the browns.  I find gray a bit cold for floors but don't mind it for wall colour.  I would be grateful for any suggestions you might have.

Hi Barb, I would suggest going a medium to dark brown for your tiles, with a subtle hint of gray in it (see attached sample photo).  For your wall colour try Benjamin Moore's Escarpment (CC-518), it's a warm gray with with a brown undertone.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.