Decorating & Furniture/matching curtains to walls,furniture,carpet

I have black leather furniture, redwoodbark carpet, Antique white colored walls and dark walnut stain on the floorboards and fireplace. What is a good curtain color and blind color for the living and dining room. Also what kind of coffee and end tables to get.

Hi Scott,
I apologize for my tardiness in responding to your question. Black leather furniture against the antique white walls, and dark walnut stained floors, lots of contrast! Kick the room up a notch by adding some bamboo, rattan, or matchstick blinds, for much needed texture. For a modern look, bringing in grays (blue/gray/ charcoal), taupes, and more antique, off-white, creams would help to balance the black leather furniture, which can overwhelm a space. When you inquire as to what kind of tables, glass topped are always a good choice because the options for a base are endless, (anywhere from a stack of books, to a tree stump.) Remember, they don't have to match, just be sure that they are the same height and scale. They are excellent choices because they help to bounce light around the room. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.