Decorating & Furniture/paint color for wall

I will purchase a new sofa very soon. It will either be chocolate brown or a nice shade of red (not bright red)anyway, if I go with the brown sofa, what color would be nice on the walls (I thought maybe a coral color) and if I go with the red sofa I had a nice gold shade. Can you give me your opinion or your suggestions. I love rich colors and want to really cozy up my space and bring warmth.

Hi Penny,
I apologize for my tardiness in responding to your question. The red sounds very nice , however, I am partial to the chocolate brown. If you go with the chocolate, the coral (which has pink undertones) will be a dramatic contrast, and surprisingly, the gold shade you mentioned would be a great accent! Add an area rug, pillows in fabrics that contrast your sofa fabric in bold graphic prints and bamboo, rattan, or matchstick blinds for windows treatments, to bring in much needed texture. Layering shimmery curtain panels over them will help make for a cozy, comfortable and warm space. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.