Decorating & Furniture/window treatment color

Hello im in a design dilemma. i have a red contempory living room set and ive purchased the lack tv stand coffe table and end tables from ikea in black. Im trying to find the perfect color for my window treatments and I dont know what to do. Can you give me a few ideas please? i purchased some red candles and I dont want to do anymore red because i dont want it to look like a strawberry patch.

thank you
stuck when it comes to color

Hi Ebony,
I love color that you are not afraid of color! You need another strong color to balance the red. A bold yellow, fuschia, teal blue are all great options to cool the red, even a bright white (high gloss) would  look fabulous with the red and black existing pieces. Whichever color you choose, be sure to keep it in the same hue or temperature. A good way to do this is by finding your color (the color of your furniture) on the color wheel, and picking the color that is directly opposite it as your accent color. Another element that is critical for a successful design is texture,(wood, glass, chrome). For window treatments that will bring in more texture, (rattan, wicker, bamboo, or matchstick blinds) they will keep with the clean contemporary style you are trying to achieve. Bring in bold graphic fabrics in rugs, pillows and window treatments, if you don't like the idea of blinds, Good luck. Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.