Decorating & Furniture/Cherry hdwd flr n blk leather sofa

I have been in an empty apt for 2yrs.I have cherry hdwd flr and in two important places are an oriental rug primary beige with a bit of burgduny n tiny bit of leaf green. Problem: I wanted dark beige or taupe or light brown coffee brown furniture of which I have found the coffe brown color furniture. But I also just found a beautiful fancy femenine style black leather sofa for fantastic price. How or what could I match with the black sofa and the area carpets beige, burgundy and cherry hdwd flrs that would burst out in a beautiful blended living rm area. I just don't want to purchase nice furniture and carpets. I would like a blend. The walls are white.  Lvrm and dining rm are combined.

Hi Maxine, Find a large piece of artwork or cushions that have the colours from the rug and your coffee brown furniture.  Place these cushions/artwork over the black sofa.  Also pick a paint colour that is within a couple of shades of your brown furniture (don't go too dark).  Place a few hints of each colour from the rug, throughout the rest of the room.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.