Decorating & Furniture/Clueless about coffee table

Question
Hello,
We currently are decorating our just moved-into apartment.  We bought a new chocolate/dark brown couch and recliner and are focusing on using a slightly bolder bright blue as our accent color.  However, we are still without a coffee table or end tables, and I have no idea what design, color or shape I should choose.  The space created by the recliner and couch is a little lengthy, thus I think it should be a little longer - but do I do rounder, squarer, glass, glass with a blue tint?  Please help! I'd appreciate any input.

Thank you so much,
Milli

Answer
Hi Milli, choosing the right coffe table is more of a personal choice.  It can be any shape or material you like, it's basically one that instantly  appeals to you. Just be sure to choose one that is about 2/3rds the length of your couch.  If you want the make your room feel light and airy, select an all glass or acrylic table.  You can place a decorative item, in blue, on your table; ie. a wooden bowl filled with large glass blue balls.   Your end tables can be a different finish from your coffee table, they don't have to match with it.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi