Decorating & Furniture/Livingroom space

We have a  large livingroom in a 100 year old home. It has oddly spaced doorways, windows with radiators, a stairwell and a fireplace. The room seems too large to have one grouping of furniture but I am uncertain to how to create two groupings. I just painted the walls moss green and the woodwork, including fireplace, is all white.We have a large beige pull out couch, the rest of the furniture will be replaced.  The room includes (starting on East wall and going around)-bank of 4 standard windows with long radiator centered in wall. South wall-open stairway, both up/down stairs, then a 5' wide wall, 5' opening to diningroom, 4' wall to corner. West wall-blank, North wall bank of two windows with radiator, then 4' wall, fireplace, 4' wall. The room itself is about 20x30.  Thank you,

Hi Jen, it's really hard for me to picture this room without a visual aid.  I can however suggest that you may want to do two separate seating areas, maybe one centering around the fireplace and one grouping for just conversation. Include coffee and side tables.  
Use area rugs to define each area.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.