Decorating & Furniture/A Teenaged Boy's First Room

Question
Hey, I have been living in a room with my older brother for the first 13 years of my life, then I moved out of the room and on the the living room coutch. Now, at age 17, I'm finally gettign my own room and i would liek the color scheme to be Royal Blue and Emerald Green with black furniture. My only problem is, how do i make this space feel cozy and comfortable and open. I dont want too much green or too much blue, but I must have one or the other for the wall color, but it seems too... over powering, if you know what I mean. Is there any ideas that you have that can help me out a bit?
Your Color Confused Companion,
Tristian

Answer
Hi Tristian, the best thing for you to do would be to paint one accent wall in a bold blue or green, this would be the wall that you want to draw attention to.  For a blue, I would suggest Behr's Riviera Blue (540B-5).  You would then paint the remaining walls in a more neutral colour.  For the neutral try Behr's Cumberland Fog (560E-2).  It's a warm neutral with a blue undertone.  If you paint all your walls in a bold colour it will be too overpowering and wouldn't work too well with your black furniture.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi