Decorating & Furniture/choosing cabinets

We are remodelling a kitchen that has oak hardwood floors - the fairly common golden colour with quite a bit of darker grain showing.  We don't want oak cabinets but we can't decide whether to gio dark or kight, and waht kind of wood to choose.  What suggestions do you have for us?

Hi Diane,  I think a darker stain on the cabinets will go really well with your new floor.  Try to choose cabinets in a similar colour as the darker grain that's in your oak floors.  Classic mahogany or ebony might be good choices.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.