Decorating & Furniture/paint color in living and dining area

Hi Shamim, My living and dining rooms are a combo. I would like to install dark brown laminate floor on both areas. I would also like to hang black and mahogany picture frames on the walls of these rooms.What would be a nice color to paint on the wall so the frames can stand out and not get lost with the dark laminate flooring? If possible can you suggest any color from behr paint. Thank you.

Hi Elsa, As I don't know the colour of most of your furniture and accessories it's hard to pick up a specific colour based on the information you have given me.  In general choose a colour which is light in hue but a warm tone, preferably a neutral.  A couple of suggestions would be Behr's Sandstone Cove ( 730C-2) or Cozy Cottage (740C-2).
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.