Decorating & Furniture/paint for family room and kitchen

family room and kitchen are open to each other. I have dark brown leather furniture in family room with white ceramic tile in both rooms. kitchen counter tops are also white, cabinets are a light birch.  What color paint should I use.
Thank you.

Hi Gwen, I would go about two shades darker than the cabinets for your wall colour. Try Benjamin Moore's Hillsborough Beige (cc-330).   Just make sure whatever colour you choose has a brown undertone.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.