Decorating & Furniture/Carpet Match??

Question
We are remodeling our basement and putting up a wall to make our house three bedrooms (instead of two). We have off white carpet (with blue, green, burgundy, white specks in it)in our family room in the basement. We have decided to have the bedroom carpet a light brownish/tan-ish color. Plus the bedroom carpet is more fluffy than the family room carpet. My question is...would that look bad to have the two carpets not match...or is it better to find a bedroom carpet more similar to the family room carpet? Please help

Answer
Hi

If the rooms intersect (connected) then I recommend that you have all the same flooring, however if the rooms are not connected actually or visually then it is fine to have different flooring. Hope that helps!

Darlene,Owner/Designer
Creative Carpet Design
www.creativecarpetdesign.com
blog: www.ourcreativelife.blogspot.com

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer