Decorating & Furniture/Living room paint color

Question
I have a leather brown sofa and my dining table is a counter height with dark brown leather chairs. The pillows on my sofa has the Caribbean or palm beach flowers. The colors are a gold,green and a rust that sometimes look orange. I had once thought of painting the room terracotta, but have no luck in finding that color. I'm also told to do a sage green but I always wanted my kitchen that color. I've painted my kitchen,foyer,hall and guest bathroom SW- Wheat. I don't want brown all over.Please give me some ideas.I would be glad to send a photo of this sofa. Thanks.

Answer
Hi Louise,

I'm afraid that terra cotta might be too dark.  I like the idea of a sage or celery green.  And if you also painted your kitchen in a complementary green or even the same green, that would be fine.  

Your kitchen color could be a lighter or darker shade green - a subtle difference, but different none the less.  To achieve the same "color" and just a different "hue" move up or down on the same color swatch.

The other great combination with dark brown is pale blue, and my guess is that there is some shade of blue on your sofa. Blue or green will coordinate with the wheat color in your adjoining rooms.

Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik