Decorating & Furniture/Wall color of my kitchen

Hi Jenny,

I am redoing my kitchen ..have changed my cabinets to contemprary dark wood color.My countertop is dark brown. tiles are mosaic off white with a splash of brown....accessories silver. What color would suit my walls though its not much left of walls but its above the counters only.please advice.There is good sunlight in my kitchen but will be compromised a lil bit as chimney is coming above window

Thanks for your question.  I'd opt for either a pale teal blue or a sky blue.  Either will enliven the space and look terrific with your cabinetry and counters.

PS:  If you don't care for blue, select a pale green like sage or celery.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology