Decorating & Furniture/Same color for sofa and loveseat?

Hi Jenny,

I am buying a new sofa and want to get a loveseat also. I've found a beautiful deep red sofa that will look great in my living room, but there isn't a matching loveseat. Is it a decorating faux pas to have a loveseat that is a different color?

Hi Mike,

No faux pas at all. Coordinating pieces are most popular these days.  Just be sure to purchase something that you won't change your mind about, i.e., don't get something crazy that you'll have to replace or recover soon due to the expense.  You can always tie the love seat to the sofa via throw pillows in the sofa color or even a cozy "throw" for winter.

Happy shopping!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology