Decorating & Furniture/How to decorate in red

Question
Hi Jenny: I've just moved and I have a set of red sofas, I really like it buy it's hard to find stuff that match, my walls are white, and coffee table with glass top, so my question is what color should I get for the drapes, I really want my apartment looks cozy but I need some tips and help!!!!!
thank you  very much for your attention,
Silvia

Answer
Hi Silvia,

If you can, paint your walls in a less jarring color than white.  A nice taupe or even khaki would be terrific.  That will cut down on the contrast between the sofas and the wall color.  If you cannot paint (although most landlords allow you to paint if you return the walls to white before you move out) then opt for some large art pieces/prints to take up some of the white.  

Colors that go great with red are:  black, chocolate brown, sage green/celery green, taupe, khaki and some pale yellows.  You may want to consider chocolate brown draperies paired with sheers for the windows.  If you opt for the chocolate brown, then tie the colors together with throw pillows and/or a throw for the couch.  Stores like Pier l, Target and Home Goods carry beautiful pillows in those colors and they are economically priced.  

Hope this helps you,
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik