Decorating & Furniture/painting my nursery

Hi My husband and I are painting our nursery, his bedding is navy blue, light blue, lime green, and white with different patterns (circles, checkers, stripes, and polka dots)  My idea was to paint one wall lime green and the rest light blue and then I planned on adding navy blue items in the room. My husband didnt understand my concept of painting one wall lime green like an accent wall. Is that a bad idea? Should more than one wall be lime green?

Hi Mallory.

I'd opt to paint only one wall in lime green and that wall would be "opposite" of the focal point wall in the room.  You may want to "duplicate" the patterns from the bedding and add them around the room to coordinate.  Sounds very smart to me.  Keep your trim colors white and add a few touches of white around the room as well.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology