Decorating & Furniture/My Bedroom

Wall Mural
Wall Mural  
Hello!  I hope my question is not too complicated!  I really enjoy interior decorating, but I'm stuck when I come to my room!  I don't have any ONE definite "theme" and I hate that!  I was thinking about doing a very modern style with animal (leopard) prints, you know the "African" style?  But there is one problem--a mural on one of my walls.  I have attached a picture of the mural.  I REALLY like it, and I don't mind it in my room at all.  But I am trying desperately to figure out WHAT theme would go with that mural.  I guess what I am asking is, what kind of furniture would go best with that mural?  What other things would you put on the wall, etc?  I hope I make sense here!  Thanks SO much for taking the time to read my question!!  I have been looking for someone like year for like forever :)

Hi Sarah, sorry for the late reply.  I think white, or wicker furniture would go beautifully with this mural.  Keep all your colours light and airy.  For accessories I would suggest maybe a plush white rug, decorative glass vases filled with sand and shells, a tall vase filled with large bamboo sticks.  I notice the blue colour that you have on the wall beside the mural.  I think maybe you need to tone it down a little, right now it's competing too much with your mural.  Choose a light colour that is more neutral and warm in tone.  You can bring in more blue with pillows or a throw on the bed.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.