Decorating & Furniture/Cherry wood floors and walnut furniture?

We are buying a condo that has  Brazilian cherry wood floors. All our dining room and family room furniture is walnut. Is that too much of a contrast? Would rather not spend more money if I can avoid it. THANKS!

Hi Yvonne,  You have nothing to worry about.  The rule of thumb for mixing different wood tones is to use no more than three.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.