Decorating & Furniture/Painting Ideas for a tall room

Question
I have a bathroom that is quite small, 5x9, but has a ceiling height of 14ft with skylights.  I'd like to try and paint it so that the top half is dark, in order to try and %26 make it fade from being to tall.  Would you have a color combo recommendations?  My tile on the floor is a neutral dark gray, tub %26 tiles are ivory-linen colors.  I recall seeing something like this in an older building, and it took away from the height and brought your eye down significantly.  I like greens/blues and more earth-neutrals.  Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hi Kathleen,

If you opt to paint, select a medium shade of blue/grey for the top portion to coordinate with your tile.  You can either use a paler shade of the same color for the bottom portion of use a linen shade for the bottom.  

As an alternative, you can achieve the same effect by adding molding at an 8 or 9 foot level all around the room and painting it in an ivory shade of white.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik