Decorating & Furniture/Wall Color Horror

Question
Hi , I have a problem with a wall color . I am getting ready to move into my first house . The layout is great , and the flooring is all wood . The living room area is more narrow then it is wide , so I'm having to replace my living room / dinning room , and put it all in one area . My problem however is not reworking this design , but the wall color . I'm on a budget , so painting at this time is not a option , so I'm needing to find out what colors go with a wine/dark pink color . I have been reading that a sage color green goes well , but I'm not to impressed with the color green in any shade , so I need some advice as to what other colors I can go with on this wall . Thanks in advance for the help ! Jennifer . PS ... this color goes all the way into the kitchen also .

Answer
Hi Jennifer,

Wine/dark pink goes well with greens, but also greys, taupes, khaki and beiges.  These are all neutrals that work with darker tones with great results.   A great dark color with wine is black or chocolate brown.

If you don't love green, consider using one of the neutrals above and adding just a touch of green via a plant, or as accessories.

Thanks for writing and for your question.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik