Decorating & Furniture/My bedroom

my room
my room  

I just move in to an apartment a few months ago and I have the mastered room,the walls are white and the carpet is off white. I have more room that I ever had before, but i don't know how to decorate it. all of my furniture is black and silver even my sheets and comforter the only other color in my room is a brown desk which i use to do homework because I am a college student. the way my room is makes it feel clutered and unorganized. I want to add some color to uplift my room and give it an elegant and relaxing feel. i also want to divide my room into four parts sleeping,entertainment,studying, and dressing. I am also planning to buy a bookcase, chaise,and TV stand. Can you please give me an idea on what to do to my room and how i should go about it in the that is inexpensive.PLEASE HELP!
if need more pics i will be happy to send them

Ikea Expedit Bookcase
Ikea Expedit Bookcase  
Hi Kiara, Sorry I didn't receive your original email.  By the looks of it, you may not have enough room to divide your area into four different zones.

For general ideas I would suggest buying a tv stand with closed storage, and a couple of shelves above for additional storage.  Use an Ikea Expedit bookcase(see attached photo) to create separation in your space between different zones.   You would use this as your bookcase and add baskets to it, in which you would hide any clutter you may have. You can also add a rug to define a certain area.

For a relaxing feel, paint your walls in a warm midtone neutral colour.  Paint a rectangular block of wall from floor to ceiling, on the wall where you will place your desk, in any vibrant colour of your choice. You can also use this colour in artwork and accessories throughout.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.