Decorating & Furniture/colour co-ordination

Question my cottage.have a dark green base suite with dark red/burgundy tones.plan to paper  fire wall burgundy,other 3 walls cream? carpet dark green tones, curtains lighter green. will it work? any suggestions?

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for your question.  If you are set on a dark red/burgandy tone, then make the other 3 walls a bit darker than cream.  Consider a taupe which is a combination of brown and grey.  It will elicit less contrast and be more appealing than the crea.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology