Decorating & Furniture/kid's bedroom color

This is going to be quite a vague question.  But I am looking for someone to point me in the right direction - website, books etc...
My daughter is almost 8 yrs old and is in need of a bedroom reno.  Her favorite color is silver, then gold, then purple!!!!  How do I incorporate silver on the walls while making the room look pre-tweenish?  Also I don't want the walls to look grey.  We are changing the blinds, bedding and can easily repaint her dresser.  The carpet is light neutral grey/beige.  Her single trundle bed is moss/grey-green metal color which I really not want to go to the trouble of repainting.
Thank -you very much,

Hi Michele,

Thanks for the question.  First, let me suggest some websites that may be of a more visual help:,  Both will give you decor ideas.  I'd also check out the "Justice" website - I think it's  This is a "tweener's" heaven.  They use bold colors for their clothing and are currently promoting the retro "Peace" theme.  This will show you the colors that are hot among tweens.

As for me, I'd opt for painting the room in a pleasing shade of purple: consider one bold purple wall as an accent, and the three remaining walls in lilac.  Paint the dresser the same color as her trundle bed and add accents of silver and gold, OR paint the dresser in silver with gold accents.  Voila - all her favorite colors in her own room.

After you check out Justice, you'll be able to visualize bedding that will please her and have some great ideas for accessories.  (Think fake fur.)

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology