Decorating & Furniture/living room colors

I am stuck can you please help me.I have a sage green living room set and I need to know what color carpet and curtains will look good with it also my pillows are black,chocolate and a shade of blue.Also what color should I paint my wall.

Hi Twanda,

Thanks for the question.  Sage green goes with virtually any color.  For carpeting, I'd stay on the neutral side with either a tan or beige.  

If you like the combination of chocolate brown and sage green (I personally think that's a good pairing) then opt for chocolate brown draperies.  

Wall color should also remain neutral.  Consider a taupe or soft beige color and you'll be very happy with that combination.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology