Decorating & Furniture/living room furniture

Question
My style is ecletic/with a traditonal bent. House is casual, tile floors,textured walls. Living room has multi-level wall which house TV and fireplace.Large view windows opposite this wall. High vaulted ceiling...a great room in a small house.The area of this room used for Tv and etc. is only 10 x 12. I've purchased 2 traditonal leather recliners (never thought I'd do this) and debating whether 2 recliners is a Major No NO. I've also orderd a sofa. The recliners are angled toward the TV and the sofa faces fireplace forming an L-shape. One recliner would be fine, but I keep questioning whether two...is bad, design wise. I could send one back, and ordered upholstered chair to match sofa. Any help here would be appreciated!  Thanks so much, Nancy

Answer
Hi Nancy,

I too have gone the recliner route - 2 matching ones.  I think we all do this once.  I have to say they're comfy, but from a design standpoint usually the size of them are limiting.  I'd have to say if you like the look and comfort stay with what you have.  If you don't, then change it.

The one suggestion I'd toss out is that of two slightly oversized chairs with ottomans that match.  This allows a bit more flexibility as the ottomans can be used as additional seating or as the comfy lounge that you have with a recliner.  

There's certainly no design rule here.  By using two matching chairs and a sofa in an "L" or "U" shape is totally balanced and acceptable.  Consider comfort and then looks - you'll make the right decision.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik