Decorating & Furniture/mixing leather furniture

Hello - can I have a taupe leather love seat with a black leather couch if they are similar in style or should they both be either taupe or black?

Hi Jena,

Mixing color works better than mixing styles.  The real answer depends on whether you prefer a matched style or a coordinated style.  

If you prefer balance in your life, make the pieces the same style and the same color.  

Thanks for writing and for your question.

PS:  It's all about you here; there are no hard or fast rules!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology