Decorating & Furniture/If red rug goes with dark brown sofa

Question
selecting right rug
selecting right rug  
I don't know if this red and black color goes with my brown sofa,light brown tiles and creamyellow walls.I want to bring more color to the room and want to use a dark color rug.Will dark brown rug with designs do instead of red one.I also want to paint one wall by the fireplace in same room but don't know which color to choose without making the room too dark.

Answer
Hi Christine,

The rug you have in the photo is "ok" with the sofas and floor.  Red works well with the brown tones, but a chocolate brown rug with bright colors (reds, yellows, blues, greens) would also work well.  

Check out www.homedecorators.com's rug selections.  Their prices are reasonable and there's a lot to choose from.  

As for the accent wall, you may want to consider chocolate brown, OR white if your fireplace is dark.

Thanks for writing and for your question!

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik