Decorating & Furniture/wall color

I have saddle colored leather furniture and light oak floors.  Can you suggest a paint color that would go well with these?

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the question.  A great neutral would be taupe, but having said that, I would encourage you to add splashes of vivid color via accent pieces such as toss pillows, draperies, rugs etc.  

Using taupe in this situation will create a cohesive palette, and almost a monochromatic look.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology