Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen remodel

We are remodeling our kitchen and currently have mogno Bordeaux granite countertops on order to match our maple Bordeaux and are having a hard time deciding on backsplash and wall color.  I think a light peachy color would look good on the wall, but am not sure about the color we have a pretty big wall to paint and not sure what the rule is on coordinating backsplash with countertop color??

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for writing!  

Your best option is to keep the backsplash and wall color neutral in color.  It should "coordinate" without being "matchy matchy".  A nice taupe or beige would work very well.  If that's too neutral, consider a darker version of taupe.  

Best regards,
Jen Wojcik
Jennifer Taylor Wojcik
Author, "From Day One"
Available nationwide:  October 26, 2010

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology