Decorating & Furniture/Lite Green Carpet

I am in the process of painting my wall in the living. But I cannot decide on the wallcolors. The carpet is a light green.I was thinking about a purple or dark burnt orange color. What do you suggest?

Hi Sonya,

Since your carpet is a 'light' shade of green, keep the wall color in the same color intensity.  You can use either a 'light' shade of purple #i.e., lilac# or burnt orange #i.e., nutmeg# so that there will not be too much contrast.  

Either the lilac or nutmeg will be beautiful with the green.  Hope this helps you.

Thanks for writing and for choosing me as your expert!

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, "From Day One"
Available in bookstores and Amazon

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology