Decorating & Furniture/Living room walls and drapes

Question
Hi! Looking for help with this room!  The room is about 12x14 with no solid walls, and it gets light from all other rooms (small house, 680 sq feet)  It contains a black wood stove, the tables and floor are light oak colored, picture frames,shelving and tv are black.  The sofa and chair are almost navy, and is in front of two windows.  There is also a lighter than navy recliner.

What would you suggest for wall color and drapery color.  I like a warm cozy feel for our harsh winters, that I can also make light and airy in the summer by changing drapes to light sheers.

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Nancy,

Toasty Grey by Glidden is your best bet.  It's a neutral that looks great with your color scheme.  

For draperies, consider a white or off-white - whatever coordinates with your wood moldings.

Sheers are great when coordinated with draperies, but seem a bit bare with no solid structure anchoring them.  

Consider draperies with sheers OR draperies with Roman Blinds or Shades.  

Best regards,
Jen
Jennifer (Jenny) Wojcik
Author, "From Day One"
Available nationwide:  October 26, 2010  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik