Decorating & Furniture/Lounge furniture

Question
Lounge
Lounge  
I have quite a large lounge with a fireplace at one end and TV at the other. There are full length windows and doors on one side and a wide open hall area to the other with a front door.  We are trying to arrange/buy sofas to optimise space - my husband wants to be able to eat and watch TV, and we want to watch tv without twisting to see the screen.  This is proving frustrating!  Any ideas?

Answer
Hi Penny,

You present a common problem, particularly when it comes to competing focal points in a room.  Since your fireplace (the natural focal point) is on one wall and the television (a second focal point) is on the opposite wall, I can suggest the following which will accomplish what your question presents.

Purchase a matching pair of swivel chairs and position them opposite the largest couch.  You can use ottomans for both pieces which would act as another surface area (cocktail/coffee table) or use a traditional table.  The swivel allows you to view either the television OR the fireplace all the while balancing the furniture arrangement.  

This will hopefully help you solve the dilema.  Thanks for writing and for your question.  

Jennifer(Jenny) Wojcik
Author, "From Day One"
National Release Date:  10/26/10

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik