Decorating & Furniture/Need Help

Question
Brochure
Brochure  
Hi Jenny,
My wife and I have a patent pending on a simple, great idea.
The shell of the website is viewable at www.pocketsheets.us
We have spent months sourcing the manufacturing, and are
ready to launch next month at the hospitality (motel/hotel)
expo in NYC or NAII (national assoc. of innkeepers and inns)
in NH. My question to you is, are you able to recommend a
economical way to introduce our product to other groups
(interior designers, sheet buyers, etc)? Looking to get our
idea in front of as many people as possible on a limited
budget, as we don't have the means to shoot an infomercial
AND buy media time combined. Any help or suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hi Tom,

My suggestion is called "Target Marketing".  You've already booked yourself into the expo which is great and gives you a target-specific audience.  Now take the next step by developing a mailing (or e-mail) list of decorators, designers, buyers etc.  You can retrieve some lists free of charge via the internet's yellow pages, but one true source is the professional groups designers are involved in (NAIA and others).  You may have to buy a list, but it's a small investment for the potential results.  Check your local listings (yellow pages) for decorators and designers.  We're all STILL in the phone books.

While you're at the show, develop a mailing list by asking everyone to give you name, address or email address and a phone number.  A well-placed blank book at your booth will do the trick.  

Lastly, consider doing a give-away at the show.  Ask attendees to drop their business card in a large glass bowl and do a drawing for a free - something.  You could do it once a day or once during the show, but people LOVE something for nothing and will tell all their friends to go by and register.

Hope these ideas help you.  I'm in the midst of marketing my own novel "From Day One" and doing it on a shoestring budget as well. If you want to give away a limited edition hard cover of my book (signed of course) let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, "From Day One"

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik