Decorating & Furniture/how to decorate an odd shaped living room

Living room
Living room  
Greeting to you, My question is simple but hard for me. I have a odd shaped living room on the small side, with a beautiful focus point a large picture window... what pieces of furniture and how to arrange them would bring out the beautiful of it all? I need to add I have 2 mini walls within the area that need help also. Thank you so much for any suggestions. I am attaching a floor layout of the area that I made.  This is the ledger for the plan: Black lines = wall area
Blue = large picture window with downtown view
Grey= double door closet
Brown= entry door to apt.

Note * top openway  by window, leads to kitchen… bottom openway leads to bedroom with bathroom inside
Thank you again for your help.   Best Regards, Melody

Hi Melody,

I would recommend that you "float" your furniture in the space rather than placing it against walls.  Work with the angle and place your furniture at a right angle facing the window.  That will create an "L" shape and be quite attractive.

Thanks for your question.
Jennifer Wojcik
Author, "From Day One"
Available now on Amazon or from your favorite bookstore

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology