Decorating & Furniture/Faux finish all or leave some plain

Question
I am in the process of painting my master bath. It is bright space with much of the vertical surface taken up with windows, mirrors, white tile, etc., so the areas which can be painted are a small portion. I've chosen a medium blue and will top that with a ragging technique in a dark blue glaze. I'm happy with the samples I've done on poster board.

My question relates to this: the bathroom includes a second tiny, windowless room that contains only the toilet and room for a door to swing into it. I'm debating whether I should do the ragged glaze coat in here as well, or leave the base coat alone. What is your opinion on this? Is there any rule/guideline one should consider in choosing?

Thank you very much.

Answer

Thanks for the question.  There's no hard rule here.  I'd probably opt to use the same technique, just for continuity.  Since the toilet portion probably has the most wall space, you can show off your "faux" in the space.

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik