Decorating & Furniture/chandelier for dining room

Hi Jenny, i just moved to a new home where the dining room has a crystal chandelier with brass finish and my dining set is a pub style (which i can't returned it) it has 8 chairs and a square table. my question is do they match together?  

Hi Agnes,

Thanks for choosing me as your expert!

While the styles of the chandelier and the pub style table aren't the same, it isn't that obviously different.  

Replacing a light fixture is a relatively simple thing to do as long as you turn off the light source at the breaker and keep the contact wires separated.  A new light fixture can be found that would complement your pub style at a reasonable price point.  

If you have an IKEA - that's the most economical place to find a replacement.  If not, try Lowe's or Home Depot.  

Wishing you success in your new home.

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology