Decorating & Furniture/color combination

Hello Jenny,
I need your advise regarding some color combination.
My living room has orange walls and my sectional is chocolate brown.Iam looking to buy an area rug.What color would you suggest?Idont like flowery rug but I like geometric figures on it.

Hi Gerta,

Thanks for your question.  

I'd suggest opting for a stripe or a geometric design.  Here's a site that should help you in your search:  

By incorporating all the colors within the space, the rug will enhance and coordinate the room and its furnishings.

Happy shopping!

Jennifer Wojcik, Author
From Day One
Available at or

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology