Decorating & Furniture/couch

does the couch goe on the longest wall or can you put it anywhere? i was told the couch always go on the longest wall but i dont like it there. i want to put it on a shorter wall.

Hi Artia,

Thanks for choosing me as your expert.

Typically, the longest piece of furniture works best when it runs along the longest wall, but there is no hard, fast rule about it.  

If you prefer putting your couch on a different wall, do it.  It's your home - your castle.  Be happy with your choices.

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology