Decorating & Furniture/how to decorate

I have a country home and in my family room I have beige
walls,shaded brown rug,  beige couch and rocker and just
purchased a love seat, in the same style but in sage.
Previously I used hunter green and burgundy as accent items
like pillows, flowers, throws, etc., but now I am not sure
how to bring it all together with my new sage loveseat...any
suggestions??? if you don't think the hunter green and
burgundy would look right with sage..then what colors should
I use.. a new look would be okay by me!

Hi Sandy,

I think change is good!  Congrats on the new furniture.  To add some extra zip to the room, consider pairing the sage color with a shade of purple!  That can be anything from lilac to a deep regal purple.  You'll find lots of accessory items in aubergine (eggplant) as well, and that is beautiful when paired with sage green.

Pull in the sage on your older pieces with a throw, a pillow or two etc.  This pulls the color from one side of the room to the other.

Save or donate your hunter green and burgundy and move in this new direction.  It will give you a lift!

Thanks for choosing me as your expert!

Jennifer Wojcik, Author
From Day One
Available at or  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology