Decorating & Furniture/flooring question

We currently have Capella Natural Pecan wood flooring in our den and down
our hall with carpet in two bedrooms.  We are remodeling our master and
wanted the same wood, but it has been discontinued and we cannot match it.  
I am thinking about going with a darker color wood flooring in that bedroom
or going with the same carpet from the other rooms.  I'd prefer the wood but
am unsure of how it will look.  Please advise.

Hi Shelley,

The first decision is carpet or wood, and I can't make that for you, but, you appear to be leaning toward wood.  In that case, opt for a darker tone of wood so that the transition will be more dramatic - making it purposeful and intentional.

Hope this helps.  Thanks for choosing me as your expert.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology