Decorating & Furniture/furniture and window treatments

My couch and love seat are a small plaid this reds, tan and a little green. I have cream colored long curtians now but I want something new.  Something that will give the room personality!  But I don't know what to put with the plaid couch!
Can you help me???

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for selecting me as your expert.  

The best thing to do is to pull one of the colors from the furniture and use that as your drapery color.  Since you are looking to replace the cream color, select one of the other dominant colors in the upholstery and use that.  

Have a great day.

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology