Decorating & Furniture/grommets

Hi Jennifer, I am sewing drapery panels in a taupe colour for my living room, I already have a black curtain rod.  What colour should the grommets on the curtains be, black to match the rod or something close to the fabric colour?

Thank you for your time

Hi Penny,

Thanks for writing and for selecting me as your expert.

The fact is, you can do either.  Grommets in black would probably be my choice, but the fabric color would be equally fine.  It's a matter of personal taste.

Best wishes on your sewing project.

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology