Decorating & Furniture/oversized furniture

Question
I purchased an oversized traditional sectional sofa(gold w/brown threads)with attached chase to go in a 20X25 area wall have a gold tone.From from front door to bannister on each side of L.R.entrance I have vaulted ceiling,the wall on end has fireplace and window on each side.Chase lounge is on the side close to the fireplace and window so I can't move it down much. Should I get a coffee table if so what size or shape? or one end table or two? If so what shape? And what about windows treatments? Curtains or blinds? The ceilings are vaulted and have skylights. Also, replacing the ceiling fan,what style? or would it matter?  Would greatly appreciate any input.Floors are hardwood(cherry)entertainment ctr.cherry 52x22 w/53x24 pass through on opposite wall from sofa.Pass through has two bar stools, should I remove them or recover?.(never use them)I like the teal, purple,and blue colors and definetly need color in this room.I have a round mirrow over fireplace, but hate the brick so I purchased a nice fireplace screen. I also like two tone meaning silver and gold and contemporary and traditional style. Thank you so much.

Answer
Penelope,

Coffee table should be round or oval (too much rectangular going on).  If there's room for an end table, get a round one as well and place it on the end "opposite" the chaise.  

Curtains or blinds are a matter of choice and should provide you with any needed privacy or light control.  

If you have bar stools in the space that are not adjacent to a bar, you don't need them.  And if you don't use them, store or sell them.

Your room style sounds traditional to me as does your furniture.  Stick with that style in considering replacement for the ceiling fan.  Add your accent colors with toss pillows, accessories and/or a rug for the hardwood floor.  

Thanks for writing and for your questions.

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik